Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"& tell daddy we'll be okay, he said he sure misses you."

We all have a reason to live, you are mine.


I remember moving into our new apartment, trying to get life settled being just Darren and I. Little did I know, our lives were gonna change again, and this time it was going to work out for the both of us. I remember having my best friend come over to our new house to help me get stuff situated, and then we decided to take a break. We drove to target and did a little shopping, snacks, drinks and a pregnancy test. I could have swore the lady looked at me wondering why I had any questions. About 20 minutes after our shopping trip, I took the test as anxious as one person could be. I couldn't stand in the bathroom with all the anxiety, so I took a walk and grabbed Zero, my first baby. :) I put him on the counter as the results came up. It was official, God blessed me with a child. I yelled for Ash as she came around the corner my face said it all. We laughed and smiled the whole time. I even think I cried a little. I remember sending Darren a text message and he instantly knew. It wasn't to much longer we ended up at the doctor to see how our little baby was doing. Everyone became so excited, it was finally going to happen to us. We got the crib and little odds and ends until we found out what we were having. I always wanted a little boy first, and come to find out Darren wanted a little girl. We went to the doctor to find out and they said "it's a boy"! :) I've never been so excited in my life, my little miracle was growing as expected. We went and showed him off letting everyone know. We even picked out his godparents that day, Eric and Lisa. I was so overjoyed thinking about all the things my life would have in store for us. Darren was the proudest father you could have ever seen. As little man grew, the more our house became full of baby stuff. The more excited we got, the better life got. We started feeling little man move, and then we started to see it. The doctors enjoyed every chance they got with Gavin. Towards the end of my pregnancy, we knew it was just about time. I went two days over my due date before they decided to induce me. Imagine hearing that you go to get an ultrasound and 5 minutes later your being induced. There was no time to be nervous. I got a hold of Darren and told him it was time, and that I needed him. It was a long process, and a long day for everyone. Everyone showed up very early in the morning and stayed around to see Gavin finally be born. At 6:44pm, Darren and I's life was officially complete by hearing a tiny little laugh. All we could do was cry and smile. He had us at that point. I'll never forget what a miracle I have. I'm so lucky everyday for the amazing family that I have been given. My little miracle teaches me more and more everyday and I love him more everyday that passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment